Building a network of support
Starting, establishing and growing your business is a demanding task and one that you cannot do alone. We would urge you to prioritise surrounding yourself with the right types of exceptional people to help you on this journey.
By making the right types of connections, this could mean the difference between success and failure. There are different reasons for connecting with people and here are just a few:
- Creating a support network of peers who understand where you are in your business and want to truly support your success
- Opening your business up to new strategic business partnership opportunities
- Matching your business needs with the right mentor to shift your growth or diversification to a new level
- Aligning yourself with other complimentary businesses who target the same customers you are trying to reach
- Providing inspiration and motivation to “keep going”
One of the ways you can make these connections is through networking. While there is a plethora of networking groups out there that you can try, Barbara Hodgson, our founder, is very passionate about connecting you with the right people at the right time.
She has written this blog post on the topic of networking to help define the different types of networking and connection making techniques that you can pursue.
The following networking groups and associations are ones that she has tried herself or admires in how they connect business owners with the resources and people they need:
|Group Name||Contact Person||Type of Networking|
|East Northants Business Network||Laura Patey-Smith||Open, mixed|
|Women In Business Network (Leics, Northants, Stamford)||Barbara Hodgson||Membership, Lock-out, women-only, guests welcome|